Friday, March 22, 2013

tying the knot: the honeymoon, part 1

Friday, March 22, 2013

The honeymoon. Only the most anticipated, extravagant vacation of your life. As our wedding is quickly approaching - in only 71 days (!!!) - I have been thinking a lot about where we are going for our honeymoon. I put the fiancé in charge of that one so your guess is as good as mine. But here are some places I think would make for a fabulous honeymoon...

Somewhat Local
For us living in Utah, a somewhat local { and cheaper option for couples on a budget } but still fun and private retreat is just over the mountain in Park City. There are so many amazing condos and resorts to choose from in Park City and lots of good activities to keep you busy. It doesn't matter where you live, there are always neat little escapes near by that make for great trips with a little research & planning.

Here's where I'd stay:
waldorf astoria - park city

Tropical Retreat
What could be better than a trip to the Virgin Islands, or Hawaii, or Costa Rica? Sitting on the beach all day, sipping smoothies and eating fresh fruit, hiking and exploring the island, basking in the sun... I've been to both St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands and Hawaii and I couldn't imagine better beaches. I've never been to Costa Rica but I have heard rave reviews. These are the kinds of honeymoons that make for great snorkeling, awesome pictures, and a pretty good tan.

Here's where I'd stay:
frenchman's reef & morning star marriott - st. thomas
marriott's kauai beach resort - hawaii 
double tree by hilton - costa rica

Charming Escape
My parents had the right idea - they back-packed around Europe for a month. Europe. Is there anywhere better? These are just two well known and loved spots that would make an incredible honeymoon.

So, how about a honeymoon in the City of Love? 
In the words of Audrey Hepburn, "Paris is never a bad idea" (which I firmly believe) and my absolute favorite hotel in all of France is the Hilton Arc de Triomphe because it's literally down the street from it's namesake monument. Not only is it steps away from all the best that Paris has to offer, it's got great breakfast, and the beds are divine. I've never had better food than when I was in France. I mean come on, breakfast & lunch from the boulangerie + dinner at a street-side café = pure happiness.
Here's where I'd stay:
l'hotel du collectionneur by hilton - paris
What about a trip to the beautiful Italian countryside?
Sorry Rome, but Cinque Terre is my favorite spot in Italy. There could not be anything more perfect than hiking from little town to little town with stops to swim in the Mediterranean on the way. You've all seen pictures of this place on Pinterest, and I'm telling you, it's just as great as it looks. Oh and this place is in close second, if not tied, with Paris for best food in the entire world.
Here's where I'd stay:
grand hotel flora by marriott - rome

My Ultimate Dream Honeymoon
And now, for the place I long to be... Thailand. It's always been my dream to go to Thailand and ride an elephant { even before they did it on the Bachelorette & Bachelor, though that has only fueled the fire } and I've only heard the best and most wonderful things about this exotic paradise of a place. I doubt that's where Conner is taking me for our Honeymoon, but someday, someday I will make it to Thailand.

And here's where I'm going to stay - someday:

four seasons - thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment