Thursday, March 28, 2013

geometric pastels

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Last night I had an extra hour or two to kill before going to teach lab (anatomy TA at BYU) so of course instead of being productive and studying I decided to take care of my mental and emotional health and paint my nails for Easter. Seemed like a solid way to use my spare time. Here's what I came up with:


Like I said before, I did this for Easter but I feel like it's a fun and easy design that would look cool with lots of different color combinations. I added a quick picture tutorial below.

Step #1 - pick a base color. I used this purple


Step #2 - carefully add a slanted tip/edge in another color to one side of your nail. I used this green


Step #3 - even more carefully { using a toothpick works magically } add a thin line in a third color just below the second color. I used this mint


Step #4 - add another slanted tip/edge in a fourth color to the other side of your nail. I used this pink


I'm pretty happy with how this turned out! And just in time for Easter and the warm sunshine!
The final result... 


p.s. only 65 more days till I'm a married woman! 

Also I'm in the market for a new family since mine up and left for Hawaii without me today. Lame BYU doesn't have spring break because we get out of school April 24.
My family's response to my utter dismay upon hearing the news that they were all planning a relaxing family vaca without a critical member of the family { me } : 
"we didn't think you'd want to miss class"
"you and Conner are sure saving us a ton money by not coming" 
"you're going on a fun honeymoon vacation in a couple months so we didn't think you'd mind"
But I really actually hope they have a super awesome trip. Just bitter I won't be there ;)

1 comment: