Thursday, February 13, 2014

pink party

Thursday, February 13, 2014

In honor of love day husband and I hosted a Valentine's dinner party with all my freshman roommates and their men. It was so fun to get together and see everybody, {although we missed Shayn, who's too busy having adventures in China } I sure got lucky living with those awesome girls. 

For dinner we made "pink pasta" aka Southwestern Chicken Pasta and everyone brought food to go along with it. I also made red velvet cupcakes with pink cream cheese icing and heart-shaped brownies. But in honor of Sochi, the main dessert was Russian Cream. We had the Olympics going the whole dinner - I just love watching the figure skating! The slope style snowboarding was pretty cool too. I always have a feeling of I don't know, what am I doing with my life whenever I watch all those super talented athletes doing such amazing things. Anyways, here's the four pictures I took the whole night. I was supposed to take a group shot, but of course I forgot. Also, theecipe for Russian Cream - you're welcome :)






Russian Cream

1/2 c water
1/2 c sugar
1 envelope Knox Gelatin

Mix and let sit 5 minutes. Then heat and let boil 1 minute.
Add in 1 c heavy whipping cream

In a large serving bowl mix 1 pint sour cream and 1 tsp vanilla
Add in gelatin mix and stir until smooth.
Chill 3 hours.

Raspberry Topping:

1/2 c sugar
1 bag frozen raspberries

Mix berries and sugar and let sit out for 2 hours. Crush raspberries before serving.

This makes a pretty small recipe, I usually double it. In my opinion, it's better if you let it sit out for like 15 minutes before you serve it too - it's a little creamier when it's not fresh out of the fridge.



2 comments:

  1. everything was soooo good. loved. it. thank you thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Russian Creme rocked my world. Thank you for having us!

    ReplyDelete