Monday, September 09, 2013

confessions

Monday, September 09, 2013

1.  I haven't felt like blogging in a long time. So I just haven't. Which is lame but also I don't really want to put anything up when I feel like it's a chore so I've just been waiting to see if I get any inspiration or something. Cause what's the point of blogging if you feel like you have to, or are supposed to. It's only good if you keep it as a release or a fun means of expression. So yeah. That's why I've been MIA.

2.  We attended a wedding at the Manti temple and it was gorgeous. It was the first time I'd ever been to that beautiful place. But I secretly hated the drive... 


3.  I had to force Conner to take this picture. You'd think a good looking guy like that wouldn't hate pictures so much, but he does. Actually, I have to force him to take every. single. picture. we ever take, HA!


4.  We were on our way to my old roommate's wedding luncheon and it ended up being a lot scarier than it should've been... We were innocently stopped at a light off the freeway when a truck came speeding 70 mph into the car behind us - smashing them - and sending them spinning into us (my mom's mini van we were using to move). The middle car's bumper was smashed into the truck and they had to use the jaws of life to get the women in the middle car out. The two women were then taken off in the ambulance wearing neck braces. I just hope they're okay. Secretly I am now paranoid we are going to get rear-ended at every stoplight.


5.  Remember how Conner hates pictures? I had to sneak a picture of him on his first day of senior year at BYU. Then I had to take a pitiful little selfie cause nobody was there to take my first day of senior year picture...


6.  Conner had to shave to renew his beard card (yeah, you have to have a beard card to have facial hair at BYU) and I may or may not have cried a little bit. That beard, the one I begged him not to grow.. well, I might have become just a little attached. I hardly even recognized him clean shaven. Secretly I'm ecstatic to see it grow back. 



7.  We left pretty soon after it started pouring and flooding in the stadium at our first home game. Secretly I was not sad to leave at all even though everyone else in the stadium was chanting things like "we won't leave" and "BYU" and "rain rain go away"... I was cold, so yeah, I'm glad we left.

2 comments:

  1. Conner seriously looks so different without his beard! Crazy. Anddd I'm so glad that you two walked away from the accident - I hope they others are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness i had no idea the accident was that bad! i am so sorry that must have been so scary. and byeee byeee beard.

    ReplyDelete