Monday, January 20, 2014

life lately

Monday, January 20, 2014

Photo dump! Here's a smattering of what we've been up to in the past few months...


Jazz game date night! Third row tickets baby, right up there, smelling the sweat! I love dating my husband. We are both so busy with school and work that it doesn't happen very often but it's always great when we do get a chance to get out.



Creeper pic of Brooks from The Bachelorette while out to dinner in Provo!


Not so high-quality photos of our tables from Thanksgiving. My mom, Kate, and I bought about a million candles from TJ Maxx for the centerpieces. It was so fun to have all the family over for one of my favorite holidays. Too bad Dad threw out his back (still doing physical therapy) that morning and had to spend the day on his back on the bedroom floor. Other than that it was great!




Celebrating our first married Dutch Christmas + Christmas in our little apartment! Gotta love my Dutch goodies, thanks Sinterklaas and Zwarte Piet! I love being able to carry over my favorite traditions into our new little family unit and start new traditions with husband.




Skyped this happy missionary, we sure love our Elder! So glad he is loving life in Redlands, CA.



We ate way too many yummy treats over the break, cookie sandwiches and Korean banana milk to name a few...


Celebrated the New Year with all the married cousins at a fab party. We were introduced to Ticket to Ride, one of my new favorite games!


We also got to take a trip to another beautiful temple, the Bountiful Utah temple. I love going to the temple with husband. Maybe one day we will go to all the Utah temples. We've been to about half of the CA temples, but not nearly half of the Utah temples. 


Made an ice cream cake to celebrate bro-in-law Reed's birthday. The big 23. The cake was pretty dang good if I do say so myself. Thanks Pinterest.


One of my favorite things to do on the weekends is double with the many awesome married friends we have at BYU. This month we made dinner and played miniature croquet with some of our good friends at the Provo Beach Resort. Have you ever been? So fun!


Bicycle fabric for the pajama pants I'm making in my sewing class at BYU. { The last time I sewed was senior year of high school when mom and I made my prom dress. } The first day we were supposed to cut out the pattern and fabric. I made it all the way to the hem before the TA told me to wait till next class to finish... whoops! I forgot how much I like sewing though so I'm excited for the rest of our projects.


More treats with the fam for the long MLK weekend. Love me some long weekends! Perfect for lounging and catching up on some work. Just two more grad applications to finish up for me and a whole lot of CPA exam studying for husband.

Side note: Today marks three years of Conner & Riley. It's a good day :) 

1 comment:

  1. No way! my dad served in the Netherlands, so when I was little we did Sinterklaas and Zwarte Piet. So cool. Also, doughnutsssss.

    ReplyDelete