Tuesday, October 22, 2013

pumpkin waffles & buttermilk syrup

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fall is the season for pumpkin recipes so obviously, pumpkin waffles and buttermilk syrup were in order. While I'm not the biggest pumpkin pie fan, I do love a good pumpkin chocolate chip cookie and some warm pumpkin waffles.

For the waffles I used this recipe I found via Pinterest and then topped them with my mom's foolproof buttermilk syrup.



Buttermilk Syrup

3 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup butter
4 tablespoons corn syrup
2 tablespoons baking soda
4 tsp vanilla



Start with a big pot. And I mean big. This stuff boils up a lot.
Put in all ingredients (but vanilla) and bring to a boil over medium heat for 5 minutes.


Stirring throughout, you should notice the syrup should get really foamy and start darkening into a caramel color. After 5 minutes, turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment