Thursday, June 13, 2013

married life

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Our wedding day was the best day of my life.
I couldn't have imagined a more perfect day.
I had set my alarm for 7:00 am to give myself plenty of time to get ready, but of course I woke up right at 6:00 am on the dot. I wasn't nervous though, I was so calm and happy because I just knew that it was going to be a perfect day.
There was only one small hick-up on our wedding day, which came with Conner being sick - like nauseous, feel like you're going to pass out sick - and hoping he would just be able to make it to the temple alive. This is where having lots of doctors in the family comes in handy. We made a pit stop at the uncle's house to pick up tummy meds for the sick groom on the way to our ceremony. Luckily Conner is a trooper and didn't complain { or let any of our wonderful guests know } that he was on his death bed the entire day.
I am happy to report he was 100% the next morning thank heaven! It would have been terrible for him to be sick on our honeymoon!

Speaking of our honeymoon... Conner successfully kept our honeymoon a secret until we were waiting in line for security at the airport. And then he handed me our boarding passes and I finally got to see that we were going to Oahu, Hawaii!!! 

I am still looking for the plug to download all of our pictures from the camera to my computer so I figured I'd post the few I took with my phone over our wonderful week in paradise. It's nice to be home and in the normal swing of things again but we really had the best trip ever and I miss being there! I can't wait to post all the pictures we took and talk about all the fun things we did!


These are the cute chocolate covered strawberries we found waiting for us at the Grand America where we stayed the night before our honeymoon.



The first view we got of the ocean driving from the airport to our resort - we pulled over immediately to take a walk on the beach, soak in the sun, and take some pictures. 


Our villa attendant was named Dimples :)


Panoramic view of the beautiful { and extremely windy } Pali Lookout Point.


We did a session at the amazing Laie Temple. It's breathtaking how beautiful it is there.


The temple grounds were covered with the state flower - the yellow hibiscus.


We were lucky enough to find our own private beach on the North Shore. We took a nap and saw sea turtles at this beach! We still have to get the underwater camera film developed but we are hoping we caught a shot of a turtle we saw swimming right in the shallows.


It was fun to have my birthday on our honeymoon! I got totally spoiled and we ate at this fabulous restaurant to celebrate. Their cheesecake was heaven, seriously, I have never tasted cheesecake so good in my life.


My handsome new husband making a typical "picture face" when I tried to get a shot of him at dinner on my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment